Sunday, November 23, 2008

Kep's got a skiing bud!

I'm pretty sure this is Kep's favorite day (in a LONG time) because his 4 1/2 year-old boy, finally, tried skiing! Kep is from a family of skiiers, so it would just be natural for our boys to also want to ski! Right???... NOPE!!! Not until.... today!

So, Kep took the boys outside to sled and snowshoe in our new fluffy snow. They had a fun time doing this for awhile, until Parker asked for Kep to put his skis on him. (this is complete crazy-talk for our little guy) I can only imagine how shocking this was for Kep b/c usually he has to beg Parker to even TRY on his ski boots and that usually ends in tears! So, before Parker lost interest and this was merely a dream for Kep, he ran into the garage and grabbed all the skiing gear. Which, they managed to get on without any fussing! Then, he brought him out to the gentle "bunny" slope in our front yard for Parker to try downhill skiing! You would have thought he had been skiing for the past 4 1/2 years b/c he just glided down the little hill, like a champ! Not only was Kep proud of his boy but he was relieved that Parker finally chose to try skiing (all on his own) and the skiing ended in smiles... not tears! Woohoo!

I guess, Kep and I are still learning our lesson as Parker's parents... if we would just wait for "it" to be Parker's idea, then the experience would be much more fun and rewarding for everyone involved!!! Great job, Parker! :)

2 comments:

Thorness Times said...

Way to go Parker!!! Good Job!

Unknown said...

Great Job parker! I wish I knew how to ski! Love Zach

Good Job Parker!Can I come over and try? Love keaton

Can I come over and try too? love Peyton Jeff