Summer is here and the campin' begins! When, Kep and I got married... we loved to go campin'. Now, 7 years later, we still like campin' BUT it's a whole lot more work and the memories are more funny, a few days after the trip- when we've recovered from the lack of sleep! So, in order to make campin' with 3 munchkins a tad-bit more enjoyable... we gave in and bought a cabover camper, we bring a lot more "stuff" to maintain sanity AND we must make our menus more kid-friendly and quick!!! So, I wanted to share a few "campin' menu websites" with those of you who also like to camp. These 4 sites offer cool, yet simple, recipes other than hotdogs or heated up leftovers. Like... pre-made omelets in Ziploc bags and the bags are then tossed in boiling water. I am all "for" pre-made meals and easy clean-up... cookin' eggs on a campfire pan is messy! So, we will be tryin' out a few new recipes, this weekend, as we venture down to Seward. I'm excited to see how they taste- we'll keep ya posted! Hopin' for... dry weather, yummy food, pleasant memories, and happy toddlers!

5 comments:
Too Funny! Love it! I will check out the site! Love you
We've made omelets (I don't know how to spell that!) in ziplocks before - they work great! And gotta love Noah's expression in that last pic! Have fun!
Where in the world did you find those adorable camp chairs??? We are hoping for a camping trip very soon, but we will be roughing it in a tent and 80 degree weather! :-)
You Kroons are so much fun and I can't count the number of times we have looked at your blog and wished we lived next door to you in Alaska! Unfortunately we won't be able to make the trip up this year (for a visit) but we promise we will in the near future. We are really looking forward to starting our camping trips in just a few weeks and I am so excited about the websites you listed- thanks! Well you guys take care and enjoy your summer!
hi!! I came to your site via Anita Eller.. soon to be Moiser! i live down in So Cal and we also love to camp.. just bought a pop up for our little brood that we take too! Thanks for the links to the food sites... I am going to check back in and hear what you think of the recipes!! Thanks!!
Post a Comment