I'm still surprised over what happened last night... We got home wayyyyy past bedtime and I had asked Parker to run downstairs to get his PJs on while I got the younger 2 ready for bed. So, N&S were all set for bed... PJs, brushed their teeth, fresh diapers, bottles... and I was beginning to wonder why Parker was not back up to brush his teeth. So, instead of yelling down the stairs to ask him to hurry and obey... I decided I'd go see which toy was distracing my 5~year~old. And, boy am I glad I did not choose to get frustrated with him because when I walked down the stairs, there was Parker folding my mountain of laundry (that had been there for 3 days!). In pure shock, I said "Parker how come you're folding the laundry? That's so nice of you!" Parker's explanation, "Well, I just wanted you to be able to 'do your thing'!!!" I was still in shock, "Oh yeah, what's my 'thing'?" (I totally thought he'd respond with... the computer or watch Olympics) But, no he said, "You know mom, help the younger 2" ;) WOW, how sweet, helpful and innocent they can be! It was most definitely an encouraging end to a LONG day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So, to any of you thinking, "OMGoodness, Rachel is so fortunate"... THIS has never happened and probably NEVER will again! BUT I am writing this down so I can remember that our little ones ARE so sweet, they ARE thinking of others, AND they ARE watching/copying what they see their helpful daddy do for their momma! On the days (which are many) where I get discouraged with my mothering... God sends sweet little reminders that melt my heart and give me more hope! I hope this story reminds you of those precious moments with your own toddlers!
3 comments:
So cute! So true, to remember those very sweet moments! Love ya
sweet post, Rachel... sweet of Parker, but I also appreciate your words/thoughts as a mom.
Sarah B.
What a great reminder, thanks Rachel. I too appreciate your words, it is soooo refreshing when moms occasional add a "reality check" to their post. I'll try hard to remember to enjoy my sweeties this week and look for when they're doing good!
Post a Comment