Tuesday, January 4, 2011

WiseNOAHman


Noah, Noah, Noah! This little guy never ceases to amaze me- you just never know which personality you will get and I feel like I've been walking on eggshells for 4 years! Well getting him in a wiseman costume was no different! Let me explain...

Our church does this sweet thing of dressing the 3 year~olds in costume to set up a live Nativity up on stage while the congregation sings "Oh, Holy Night". I always love seeing the little guys up there and it just makes the song that much sweeter! So, I was looking forward to having my Noah be up on stage dressed as a wiseman BUT he was NOT sharing my same sentiments! So, for two weeks prior to the Nativity Sunday... I was prepping Noah and I was seriously considering giving up- which is a BIG achievement for myself!!! But, the night before Noah realized it would be fun to be a wiseman! Go figure! So, on the way to church... we jammed to Go Fish's version of "We Three Kings" and Noah cheerfully marched on down to his classroom and willingly put on his costume! I'm thinking, "what in the world is going on... and who is this boy!?!" So, here he is in a blue (because blue is his fav color!) wiseman costume!

But, the poor li'l guy was not prepped for the rest of his wiseman mission, I purposefully did not tell him that he would need to stand in front of the whole congregation! So, when the gym doors opened and his class started walking forward, Noah inched backwards only for his awesome teacher, Miss Tammy, to grab his hand and coax him down the aisle. Sweet Miss Tammy carried Noah up onto the stage and hid with him behind the other brave 3-year olds!

Oh Noah- my little dream of seeing you up on stage did not turn out the way I had hoped but it made me wonder... when will your silly and adorable personality be revealed to everyone else! I often think about my kids' futures and wonder how they will shine to others. And, I'm very slowly realizing that all I can do right now is be patient (not my forte), encourage the socks off of them (I need to focus on thier positive, more) and pray that God will direct them down their perfect paths!

So, all that to say... you were a very cute wiseman and I am thankful that you were a quiet wiseman! I love you! ;o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to prep Kaleb for two weeks too--AND I could ease his fears by pointing out that Natalie and Dad would be on stage with him! Good job, Noah!
By the way, I LOVE the picture of Savannah in sunglasses--she's adorable!

Joani said...

Ah, I love that little guy, too. His little smile is so bright! Wish I could have seen him on stage, too!

Andrea Hogan said...

Being shy is better than having him stand up there and pick his nose! :)