Friday, August 5, 2011

reindeer farm with nana

We were blessed with a somewhat sunny day so we headed to Palmer to show Nana the reindeer farm. All of our children are very skittish around animals so this wasn't a BIG hit and I don't think I'll traumatize them with another Reindeer Farm outing, anytime soon! Although, I was slightly frustrated that my children were the only ones not brave enough to walk amongst these reindeer, I was a li'l frightened myself at how close they would get especially when I let my mind wander with the realization... that they are wild. So, I had sympathy and let Noah go back in the fenced area and I held Savannah. But, I forced Parker to use his 6~year old bravery skills! This is Parker standing on the top of a mound because he seemed to think the reindeer would not bother him up there! Poor li'l man!

Phew~ all 3 were relieved when they could move into the other pen... away from the reindeers! It was much more fun to feed the moose fireweed!

After a successful moose feeding, Parker got more brave and decided he would try to feed this elk some grass. The elk liked it, then backed up and all the sudden charged at Parker. Oh My... it's a good thing those guys are behind fences and it's a good thing we didn't visit the elk before the reindeer. Again, I don't think the Reindeer Farm will be on our "sunny day activities" list for any future visitors!!!

No comments: