Thursday, April 19, 2012

Easter 2012

On Good Friday we woke up to 3 inches of fresh powder (yay!) and it continued to snow HUGE flakes the remainder of the day! We had spent the last 10 days opening our Resurrection Eggs and reading the Jesus Storybook Bible to help narrate each object in the eggs! In the morning, I was again brought to tears while reading to the kids about Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross. And, then I realized how extra cool these big flakes were on Good Friday... "Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow"~ Isaiah 1:18
Here's our Easter trio dressed in blue, by coincidence! They are proudly standing in front of one of our huge snow drifts to mark 2012's record snowfall... 133.6 inches!!!



What a special Easter we had! Each year, Resurrection Sunday is more meaningful as the kids understand the sacrifice that our loving Savior made for each of us!

No comments: