We got a different camper AGAIN! Last Memorial Day was our first campout for the pop~up camper and we loved it! It was so spacious and kept us dry. I thought it was the perfect camper for our family and I was so excited to take it out this year until Kep informed me that he wanted to get a "rigid" camper! The pop~up was just as much work as a tent for him and it didn't have very much storage so we couldn't take our bikes on our adventures, a Kroon MUST! So, we got on Craigslist and found our new VERY spacious camper while I sadly waved goodbye to my li'l pop~up camper! For some reason, it was very sad to get rid of it and I think it's because we are getting farther and farther away from being TRUE campers!!! But, now that I have experienced life in a; 24 foot, heated, 4 bunk beds, a queen bed, full kitchen and bath... CAMPER! I am sold! I am so happy that Kep decided it was time to switch to the "rigid" campers!
Uncle Tills joined in on our first night in the camper which just happened to be one of our most memorable nights camping as a family! The kids each have their own bed and on this particular night, both boys were sleeping on the upper bunk beds while Tills was gonna squeeze in the lower bunk with our li'l missy! Just in case, Tills got too uncomfortable in that teeny bed... we piled the extra mattresses from the front bunk bed onto the floor. Phew, that was a good call because at 2am there was a BIG thud... Noah fell off his bunk AND all 3 kids stayed asleep!!! That crazy li'l guy! All 3 adults were rummaging/giggling around in the dark trying to make sense of how to get Noah back in his bunk! So, Kep decided to pick him AND his sleeping back up at the same time which caused another scare because Noah dropped to the bottom of the sleeping bag! Fortunately, he didn't hit the floor and he stayed asleep through all of this rigmarole~ or so we thought! After we stopped laughing by yet another crazy Noah story, we fell back asleep and we're awakened by Noah's low voice asking: "Hey Parker, did you fall out of your bunk?" Parker quickly replied with: "No!" Noah: "hmmm, I think I did... twice!" hahaha~ this story kept us giggling throughout the day! The best part of the whole story is Kep had made these really nice wooden rails for both bunk beds, stained them and bolted them to the frame of the beds. When I walked into see all his hard work, I kept myself from telling him that I thought the rails were too small and that the boys could easily fall out on either side of the railing! Well, I guess we'll be making longer rails!!!
Tills you look a little tired, how come!?! Savannah on the other hand is ready to go!!!Do you think the boys like their bunks!?! Each of the kids have these pockets at the head of their bed to store books and toys~ so cool!
We are excited for many more memorable DRY camping adventures in this camper!
1 comment:
Haha the story of Noah falling out of his bunk. What a crash up, I have no idea how they all stayed asleep with all that laughing. Looks like a fun time in the new camper, I have to say a camper is nice when you've got a whole family along for the ride. I will say that when the kids get older I have a feeling they might want to sleep in a tent every once in a while. Thats how my family did it. We had the camper and sometimes we would pitch a tent for whom ever wanted it. So many good memories and I know you are all making them too.
Michelle
Post a Comment