Thursday, March 28, 2013

these 3~ oh how we missed them!

Kep and I LOVED, loved, LoVeD our time in Kona!  It was so refreshing for our marriage and for each of us personally.  The trip also made us realize how much we love being WITH our children!  After loving our time alone for 10 days, we could not WAIT to get back to them!  It was torture to leave them as each of them cried (out loud) for about an hour before we put them to bed BUT the time apart made the reunion~ oh so sweet!  We came home on a Sunday night and even though Kep had to work in the morning... we had a family sleepover downstairs to share our funny Kona stories.  The kids were roaring at Kep's version of my paddle boarding experience and it was great to be back and hear their giggles.  We didn't get much homeschooling done the next morning as we just enjoyed playing games and being back in our home... together!  I thought it was so sweet when Parker randomly gave me a hug mid~morning and said "Mom, I couldn't have lasted another day without you.  I'm so glad you're back!"  (Oh my, that meant the world to me since he's not known to be my sentimental one!)  To which the other 2 piped in "me too!"  



2 comments:

Bacon Writer said...

I've loved all of your Kona posts... and now this one! It's a beautiful thing to be missed and cherished. :)

Joani said...

Oh dear! I was just telling Mark we need to do this for our 10 yr anniversary but I didn't think about how we'd do without the girls! We'll have to see. Glad to see you we're so missed!