Thursday, April 3, 2014

Parker's 1st day at PUBLIC school

3rd grade!  It's hard to believe he is already a third grader!  Parker is all smiles in this pic and I was all nerves and tears!  Back before we had children, Kep and I decided we would homeschool during the K-2 years and then prayerfully consider each year afterwards.  AHHH!  My eldest was done with 2nd grade and after many prayers, I knew it was time for him to try out our local public school.  BUT~ my heart was oh so sad.  I barely slept for the 2 weeks prior to school starting.  I was sad to let go of him.  I was nervous he wouldn't use all the manners we've taught him.  I was scared of him being affected by the world and not remembering the spiritual Truths we've read/sang to him since he was a babe.  I didn't know if he would mesh with his multiage 2-3 classroom since he would be the "NKOTBlock"!
Well, all my insomnia and worries were a waste of time!  Which I knew would be the case!  I was completely humbled during that first week of school as every single worry was completely taken care of by our loving Lord.  He worked out every detail.  I am forever grateful for the smooth transition to Shaw Elementary!

No comments: