Mt. Redoubt has erupted and we are finally smelling the evidence of its many eruptions. Unfortunately, it is dark so we can not see the large ash cloud above our house but we can smell the sulfur and see the ash falling.After our 3 little ones were tucked in, I met Janelle at Chili's and we ordered a Molten Chocolate Lava Cake (m-mmmm!) We had no idea the ash cloud had arrived but it was ironic that we were enjoying our own yummy volcano inside!!! After every last bite was enjoyed, we noticed the ash all over our windshields! How exciting to think that this powerful volcano has blown time and time again and now we have remnants! I only wish it were day-time so the boys could see the falling ash (and smell it)! But, I did stick a white bowl out on our porch to catch some ash- our little science experiment!
No comments:
Post a Comment