Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bunny hunters

Kep and the boys went post-Easter bunny hunting last night! I am "such a mom", as Kep always tells me! I can't imagine shooting an adorable, sweet, white, fluffy bunny... especially, after "he" delivered treats last week! But, the boys had a blast!
We bought a camper back in February and Kep has been dying to take the boys out on their first bunny-hunt-overnight. Unfortunately, he forgot to take our camera so we only have these photos in our driveway. They only saw 3 bunnies on their morning hike and shot all 3! It was so cute to get Parker's call on their way home (aren't little kids' voices so sweet on the phone!?!). He was pumped to tell me they shot 3 bunnies and that one was really bloody. I, of course, was "that" mom and asked my boy "Did that make you sad to kill a cute bunny?" But, Parker made his dad proud, "No WAY, it was fun, mom!"
So, Parker and Kep are figuring out how to skin these bunnies so they can hang one or two of them in the garage (where they belong!).
(I told them to do something "silly" and Parker opted to stick out his tongue- normally we don't do that!!! Oh, and notice Parker is wearing gloves, yep, that would be our "first-born"... didn't want to touch any possibility of blood!)

2 comments:

Joani said...

I love it - the 1st born! Mom has a picture of Dad, Ben & I with salmon. Dad was holding Ben's and they made him stick his hand behind it and 'pretend' he was holding it. I think I had mine gripped with 2 hands!

The Spear Clan said...

The girls really enjoyed that post! I would totally ask the girls the same questions about the "cute bunnies". Love the gloves on Parker too!
Miss ya
Ab and girls