Friday, March 12, 2010

Blue Lagoon

Sigh... the blue lagoon! I love that my parents and Charis have been to Kona b4 our trip as they were able to take us to some amazing places! You can't drive to this lagoon so you get to take a mile+ jaunt on a lava~rock~beach. So cool! Once you get there... you just HAVE to jump in this fresh water lagoon!
No, that is not a "cow~pie"!!! That would be a lava flow... I couldn't believe the lava cools off in flowing~form!
Those are my cute parents with the biggest turtle~ "he" looks kind~of ugly but once they swim in the water their shells are much prettier. There were about 10 of these turtles just basking in the warm sunshine! And, since I knew that turtles are a very s~l~o~w creature... I was OK with sitting next to one for a photo~op with palm trees! Might be the only live "wild" animal I ever sit beside! ;)

No comments: