On May 16th, I competed in my 2nd triathlon. It was a much different experience than
last year because... some of our
Valley Rookies could not compete, the tri was longer, it was in a different location, I was using a road bike instead of a mountain bike AND it was 20 degrees cooler. But, now that I have finished I can say... it was fun and I am glad I did it!!!

Hehehe... isn't the tri gear just so attractive?!? We looked like Qtips!

Making the trek across to the deep~end pool! I was a lot more nervous this year after inhaling a TON of water in last year's swim.

Noah... his li'l face was just one of the many that kept me smiling throughout the race! It was fun to have Kep, the boys, Mo~mo and Popeye AND other friends there to cheer me on! Thanks Mo~mo for being my personal photographer with your fancy camera! I only wish I would have remembered to get a pic with all my supporters! Next year!!!

Swimming the 500 meters

Almost done with the 13 mile bike...

And, almost done with the 5K run!
We did it! And here are some of the Valley Rookies with our matchy~matchy shirts... the real reason we do these TRIs is for the shirts!!! Pam and Kathleen got to compete with their 10~year old daughters which is something I would love to do in 8 more years with Savannah! We'll see if I can get our li'l princess to share the same dream! hehehe
3 comments:
Way to go, Rachel! Your smile says it all...love it!
Congrats on your second Tri Rach! That's great! I'll do next years Gold Nugget with you and whoever else. I've been looking forward to getting back and doing one, count me in! :)
Anita
Anita~ YAY that is such fun news... we would love to have you join us. Are you sure you want to be called a "valley rookie"?... you're a pro! It will be so fun to have you in AK again!
Post a Comment