Monday, October 18, 2010

FrIdAy ScIeNcE

I love homeschooling Parker and preschooling Noah! I love seeing what they are learning and teaching them at the pace they need! BUT, it's hard to find the mindspace, patience and creativity to teach all subject areas so I am thankful that Kep can come home on Friday afternoons and teach them a mini~science experiment. Here are all 3 boys learning about the 3 states of matter with "Ooblek" as the experiment! They lOvEd it!

And funny story... Parker continues to see different items around the house and tells us whether they are a; gas, liquid or solid. Last week, he took this "matter labeling" with us on our errands! And, since it is getting rather chilly here when Parker saw his breath for the first time... he exclaimed (rather loudly in the parking lot), "I just saw my gas!" Ha, love that this boy learns so quickly and is so naive!

Here is Parker with his edible model of the planet earth. The boys enjoyed eating their; graham cracker crust, peanut butter mantle, jelly outer core and chocolate chip inner core!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Love it Rachel! Your edible earths are much healthier than mine.... red hot core, marshmallow mantle, chocolate crust & sprinkles for all the colorful people:)