I think by this time... all our kiddos were thinking this "new" camper just meant that they had to keep posing for pix! (notice we took the canoe off for these last 2 photos!?!) OK~ all done!
Saturday, June 25, 2011
1st pop~up campout photo~op
We are a camping family!!! Nine years ago, Kep and I were "true" campers and spent many summer weekends backpacking and I would even camp in the rain! Then, we had Parker seven years ago and we began car camping! Fortunately, Parker was an amazing camper... he would fall asleep anywhere and sleep through any noises. Next, Noah came along and we continued camping but we watched the weather more carefully because it was just so much work keeping the boys dry and packing up a wet tent in the rain! Then, Savannah came along and we've never been the same. Infact, close friends tease us that we aren't "real" campers anymore and I'm OK with that! ;o) We bought a cabover camper and used it for two summers... it seemed to be the perfect fix for keeping us dry and to keep the rest of the campground from hearing sissy's midnight and early morning screams! But, this spring we decided the cabover camper seemed to be getting a bit tight so we sold it and bought this pop~up camper from a neighbor! It actually has more of a crazy story but that can be shared another time!
Here are the kids pumped to try out our "new" camper for our annual Memorial Day Campout at Kenai Lake. We decided the camper looked too nice so we topped it off with this "classy" canoe that we borrowed from Kep's parents!!! Haha!
I think by this time... all our kiddos were thinking this "new" camper just meant that they had to keep posing for pix! (notice we took the canoe off for these last 2 photos!?!) OK~ all done!
I think by this time... all our kiddos were thinking this "new" camper just meant that they had to keep posing for pix! (notice we took the canoe off for these last 2 photos!?!) OK~ all done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
These pictures are so beautiful and SOOO colorful! What a fun excursion for you guys!!
Post a Comment