Wednesday, April 11, 2012

3 weeks of check marks= VoLcAnO cAkE!!!

Our darling girl has a will and we are praying that we are shaping it correctly!!! ;o) This li'l gal was just a couple months shy of turning 4 and she still had yet to successfully eat a bite of chicken or fish... which are staple meals at our home! We had tried many reward systems and consequences and none seemed to matter to our Savannah as she just did not want to swallow chicken or fish. Our last resort was to try Dr. Dobson's method of reheating the dinner over and over for each meal until she would choose to eat it. Well, I think she would have gone on forever but after 24 hours... I just couldn't do it... I gave in and let her eat the next night's dinner with us! Then all of a sudden, something switched in her will and she decided that she would start eating fish and chicken. So, I made this chart for her and told her when she filled it up with 21 pink check marks... I would take her to Chili's for "volcano cake".
Here we are at Chili's and she's just a tad~bit excited for the cake! I had prepped Savannah on how to order, just say "Can we please have one 'volcano' cake?" So when the waiter came to take our order Savannah ordered her own way, "We need 2 'volcano' cakes!" Haha, you are my kind-of girl with your love for chocolate but there is no way we both "need" one of those cakes!
Yup, she's a fan!
Then, Popeye had to join in on the celebration and took all of us out to Red Robin for Savannah to try a Mud Pie! One might say this girl has a strong strong will or you might say... she is one smart girl to hold out for "volcano" cake and Mud Pie!
And, wouldn't you know it that she just turned 4 and when I asked her what she would like for her birthday dinner??? She quickly replied with "CHICKEN" and she was serious! Oh girly, you keep us guessing and smiling! ;o)

4 comments:

Ashley said...

She is too much! :) I love the picture of her and Loren together. It makes me smile real big to see him loving on a girl after so many boys. He's a good Pop-eye!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love your family updates, Rachel!

Connie Hogan - (406) 250-3780 said...

Yes, your blogging is sooo fun to read. Oh the joys of parenting :-) the rewards will be worth it all! Keep lovn on her Pop-eYe, since she can only get 1/2 what she has available most of the time! (from Bop)

Charis said...

Good Job Savannah, you are such a big girl! Love you and miss you!