My little girl will soon turn 5 so when she "wandomwy" asked me if she could have earrings, I had mixed feelings! I couldn't believe my little girl was old enough but I also thought it would be a fun new way for her to accessorize! She loves to: carry purses around town, pick out different necklaces for each outfit and recently she loves to sport her new turtle ring from Kona! Kep didn't have a problem with it SO earrings seemed like the next addition for her morning routine!
On the morning of the Easter Tea; Savannah got all accessorized, I got her hair all into a pretty new due and she was out the door, excited for Tea time! We were on our way to pickup Momo and I asked her if she would like to get her ears pierced since Momo would be with us. I wasn't surprised when she replied with a "no thank you"! But, it's amazing what some chocolate goodies and a few more hours to wake up can do to a little girl's bravery! After the Tea, Savannah was all excited to take Momo to WalMart, our valley's only piercing "salon"!
Usually, we like to prepare our kids for anything that could hurt them so that they gain trust in us as their parents. But, this seemed like a different kind-of situation since my friends had told me their daughters weren't fazed by the piercing. So, I didn't prepare Savannah for any sort of pain and boy was she sad afterwards. This was not the experience I had expected it to be but fortunately the sad tears only lasted for 5 minutes and then she was totally excited that she now had purple butterfly earrings AND a purple butterfly necklace!
Aww Savannah! I love her sweet little profile and I love that she is my sweet daughter!And, I love these two shots that my good friend, Amanda took of Savannah and I at the tea!

2 comments:
So very pretty little Savannah! I love the earrings!
Oh my goodness...what happened to baby Savannah!?! How can she be old enough for this? So beautiful! I love her profile too. Precious!
Post a Comment