Saturday, September 27, 2008

bitter sweet

Bitter... sweet- this is how I feel about Fall! I love the crisp/refreshing Fall air and the gorgeous/multi-colored leaves BUT this means our long-awaited/warmer weather is gone for another 7 months!
We do make the most of our short Fall by taking family bike/walks where we are surrounded by the fabulous colors. Of course, the best part of Fall is raking the leaves then making a mess of them!

At the end of our walks, we always end up at this playground! It's kind-of our bribe to get Parker to stay on his bike for the entire walk!!! That little guy would rather run! Savannah is now sitting on her own, so she's ready to slide. I think this slide was made for our family of 3!


4 comments:

Thorness Times said...

Cute pics! Savannah is getting far too big! :(

Unknown said...

Sis said the colors were so pretty! I miss that...still greenish leaves here, but fall is slowly coming :)Noah looks so BIG in the slide pic :) Noah is the cutie charmer and Savannah is a dolly girl...what a smile! I am so excited for you to go to the Mops conv and wish I could meet ya'll there. wish you could hop on over here with Sis for a visit! Have a great trip Rach. Re-charge for the year, the winter and your precious family! PARTY.
Love, Jen

the millers said...

kep and Rachel-
Okay you two have beautiful children and it looks like you all have so much fun together! Kep it was great to see you this weekend made us really miss old times. Rachel, we missed you but understand that flying from Alaska with three children is not feasible or sane. We look forward to keeping tabs on your lives and hope that we will see you soon!

Karen said...

Rachel,
I graduated from Stanwood with Charis and taught with you in Stanwood for a few years. I found your blog from your sister's family's blog. What fun to see pictures of your cute kids and your adventures in Alaska. Even though I don't know you very well, it is always fun to read about other family's adventures.How did you get the "Blogs We Read" to show when they were last updated? I've been looking all over blogspot to figure it out. If you get a second and can explain it, I'd appreciate it. Thank you! Take care.

Karen Hanseth
skhanseth@wavecable.com