Saturday, January 3, 2009

cabin fever

That is not snow on my boys' hats or Ryder's face... that would be frost!!! Brrrrr! This Christmas break has either been incredibly blustery (up to 70 mph gusts) or super frigid (down to -30 degrees). I have a heavy case of Cabin Fever and it's only January 3rd- SERIOUSLY!!!

Fortunately, I have a husband who will still venture out in the -20s with our boys. They, have spent about an hour/day for the last few days digging a tunnel in our humongo snow cave. I love to watch them from the inside, with my cup of coffee in my hands, while they are all-smiles leaping off of our snow-cave-mountain. It is also nice to have my little Savannah because then I can rightfully stay inside, with her, and not feel guilty for not bundling-up with my boys!!!
I am, also, glad that Parker is a home body! I am going crazy with our little home BUT he is loving life. Every day would be a perfect day if this little guy could stay home- so different than his mom!!! It's also a good thing we got the boys the Mario Kart Wii game for Christmas because they are becoming quiet the pro-gamers! Since, the weather has been so blustery and frigid... we are allowing them to play more than normal, just to maintain sanity!

Finally, I am thankful for all the indoor play areas our area has for us... Cabin Fever-ers! We had fun at the H2Oasis indoor water park with a few other friends' families. It is very strange to get out the swimsuits when it is -25 outdoors, but it was a perfect change in events!
Now, I am on the search for reasonable flights to Mexico, Hawaii or anywhere warmer! I think it would serve everyone well, if mommy had a day on the beach!!! ;) Maybe, this will be my New Year's Resolution! We shall see!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Love your new header pic of the boys! Priceless!!!

The Spear Clan said...

HI Rach
Love the pic of the boys! Let me know if you find any cheap tickets somewhere warm, I will head there with you, even though it isn't quite as cold here! Love ya and miss you!