Sunday, July 8, 2012

Why Not Tri with Parker

Way back in the spring, I was shocked with Parker's answer to my question... "Parker, would you like to do the kids' Why Not Tri this summer?"  "YES!"  OK, I quickly printed out the form and had him fill it out!  I was hoping all spring that he would actually follow through and he did~ what fun!
Here I am being cheered on by my 3 cuties~ they were so adorable!
Once my race was over we got to go home and get all of Parker's gear and here I am getting him all prepped for his first triathlon!  He was super excited to use the road bike that Kep built for him last summer!
Ha~ isn't he so cute!?!

Parker chose to complete the smaller kids' triathlon so here he is finishing up his one lap in 1 minute 52 seconds.
After the swim, here he is in his first transition getting ready for the 2 mile bike.  He completed it in 5 minutes and 2 seconds.


And, this was his favorite part of the triathlon... COMPLETING (being done with) the 1 mile run in 8 minutes and 56 seconds!  We know he enjoyed the whole experience but this next story still cracks us up!  After the race the local newspaper man came up to me and asked if he could interview my son.  No problem, I agreed but with a wink and a giggle knowing that the interview would be very short if he was talking to Parker Kroon!  Yup, every answer was brief... "yes" or "no" even for the last question... "Will you do this triathlon next year?"  "No."  "Oh really, how come?"  "I don't like the run!"  haha~ too funny!  Parker we appreciate your honesty!

Well DONE Parker!  I'm so proud of you for completing your first triathlon!


No comments: